Recipe by Moe! Larry! Cheese!
Comes from Cooking with Phi Chapter Cookbook. Any meat could be substituted for the pork.
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded barbecued pork, cooked & chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in 3 tbsp butter until tender; set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, pork, parsley, baking powder, salt and 2 tbsp sauted onion in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture is crumbly; add egg and milk, stirring just until moistened.
- Spread batter evenly in a well-greased 8x8x2 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining sauted onions over batter; top with cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into bars.