1/4 Photos of BBQ Cola Meatballs
3 hrs 45 mins
BLUE ROSE's Note:
Meatballs are roasted, then simmered in a rich barbeque sauce made with cola. These make a great potluck dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup cola
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, grated onion and Ranch dressing mix until well blended.
- 3Shape into 1 inch meatballs, and place on a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan, or any baking sheet with sides to catch the grease.
- 4Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, turning them over half way through.
- 5While the meatballs are roasting, mix together the ketchup, cider vinegar, cola, chopped onion and green pepper in a slow cooker. Season with seasoning salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- 6Remove meatballs from the baking sheet, and place into the sauce in the slow cooker.
- 7Cover and cook on Low for 3 hours, then remove the lid and cook for an additional 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Cola Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.6
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 121.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry ranch dressing mix