Recipe by BLUE ROSE
Meatballs are roasted, then simmered in a rich barbeque sauce made with cola. These make a great potluck dish.
Top Review by Boomette
The meatballs were very easy to do. They were a bit dry when rolling. But they were perfect at the end. I used italian breadcrumbs. In the sauce I used red bell pepper and more. The sauce is too sweet for me and DH. But my son really liked these meatballs with the sauce. Thanks Blue Rose :) Made for PAC Spring 2012
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup cola
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, grated onion and Ranch dressing mix until well blended.
- Shape into 1 inch meatballs, and place on a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan, or any baking sheet with sides to catch the grease.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, turning them over half way through.
- While the meatballs are roasting, mix together the ketchup, cider vinegar, cola, chopped onion and green pepper in a slow cooker. Season with seasoning salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Remove meatballs from the baking sheet, and place into the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low for 3 hours, then remove the lid and cook for an additional 15 minutes before serving.