I got this recipe from Katie Brown's Lifetime TV show called "Next Door with Katie Brown". My husband and I really liked the smokey flavor of the BBQ chips with the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Open top of chip bag, secure it and crush chips using palm of hand or wooden mallet.
- 2Place mixture in bowl.
- 3Add chopped thyme, oregano and rosemary to potato chips.
- 4Beat four eggs in a bowl.
- 5Place 1/2 Cup of flour in a tray.
- 6Dip chicken breasts in flour.
- 7Dust with 1/2 Cup flour per breast.
- 8Pat off extra flour with hand.
- 9Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture.
- 10Coat chicken breasts in crushed BBQ chips (coat generously).
- 11Put 1/2 Cup olive oil in skillet (using a cast iron skillet or other skillet that you can put into the oven works best. If you don't have one, improvise) Saute on medium heat for 8 minutes on each side or until golden.
- 12Put skillet in oven and bake at 250° for 8 minutes (4 minutes on each side).
- 13Mix together the mustards.
- 14Remove the chicken from the oven and garnish the tops with extra crushed chips, mustard and fresh thyme.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bbq Chip Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1064.3
- Calories from Fat 627
- Total Fat 69.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 304.3 mg
- Sodium 1013.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 47.0 g