Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from Katie Brown's Lifetime TV show called "Next Door with Katie Brown". My husband and I really liked the smokey flavor of the BBQ chips with the chicken.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 eggs
- 2 ounces flour
- 1 (1 lb) bag barbecue potato chips
- 2 ounces olive oil
- yellow mustard
- Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano
- Open top of chip bag, secure it and crush chips using palm of hand or wooden mallet.
- Place mixture in bowl.
- Add chopped thyme, oregano and rosemary to potato chips.
- Beat four eggs in a bowl.
- Place 1/2 Cup of flour in a tray.
- Dip chicken breasts in flour.
- Dust with 1/2 Cup flour per breast.
- Pat off extra flour with hand.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture.
- Coat chicken breasts in crushed BBQ chips (coat generously).
- Put 1/2 Cup olive oil in skillet (using a cast iron skillet or other skillet that you can put into the oven works best. If you don't have one, improvise) Saute on medium heat for 8 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Put skillet in oven and bake at 250° for 8 minutes (4 minutes on each side).
- Mix together the mustards.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and garnish the tops with extra crushed chips, mustard and fresh thyme.