Recipe by ~Leslie~
Lately I've had a craving for Mexican/Central/South American Food. I found this at the Chicken Farmers Website, and it looks delicious. For a complete meal, serve with Gallo Pinto, or Black Beans with Rice.
Top Review by Deantini
I made this on a camping trip and it was easy, refreshing and healthy. The spices on the chicken work really well and was liked by both kids and adults. Made by bistro babes - ZWT 8
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the skin from the chicken. Put the drumsticks in a medium bowl or plastic bag. Drizzle them with the olive oil and sprinkle in the ground cumin, chili powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Preheat BBQ. Grill to medium heat. Grill the chicken turning once, until fully cooked and browned - about 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F
- While the chicken cooks prepare the fresh salsa; cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place in a medium size bowl. Peel and dice the avocado, dice the onion, mince the cilantro and gently combine all the fresh vegetables. Drizzle with fresh lime juice and toss again. Serve alongside the chicken.