Recipe by moni_now
My husband gives this a big thumbs up and when we have pot luck church dinners, it is a huge hit! I'm a country cook so these measurements are guesstiments. Tweak this by adding more or less ingredients to suit your own style. Enjoy! You can also use the BBQ sauce for pork in the same way.
- 7 -8 chicken thighs
- salt water, soak (3 T salt per 3 quarts water)
- 1 1⁄2 cups kc masterpiece barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse off the chicken thighs and place in salted water ~ 3 hours or more (I sometimes soak the chicken all day to fix up for supper. The salt water soak will take out any excess blood in the meat, and the end result will be a better tasting piece of chicken.).
- While the chicken is soaking, mix the BBQ sauce and water together. (KC is very thick and you want a medium consistancy that is neither too thick nor too thin.).
- Preheat your oven to 375. Drain the chicken and spay your baking pan with Pam. Place your chicken so that the sides do not touch each other in the pan.
- Spoon the BBQ sauce over the chicken. Some will run down the sides. The extra sauce should be spread through out the pan between the chicken so that it will basically steam-cook during baking. Bake for 35 minutes and turn over, baste the underside with sauce from the bottom of the pan and return to bake another 35 minutes. The BBQ sauce should thicken as the water cooks off.
- Before serving, spoon more sauce over the chicken from the bottom of the pan. Yum!