Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Weight Watchers Recipe states its 5 points per serving. I have not done the calculations please double check. I have not tried this one yet, will up date once I do.
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 7.39 ml garlic powder
- 7.39 ml dry mustard
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (halved)
- 2 large sweet potatoes (es)
- 1 cooking spray
- 0.59 ml table salt (to taste)
- Mix paprika through to sugar.
- A few hours before you plan to grill, rub chicken breasts with seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate until 15 minutes before you grill.
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into 1/3-inch discs.
- Place in a pot with enough cold, salted water to cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 3 to 4 minutes, then drain and cool.
- When it's time to grill, preheat grill, then spray potatoes with cooking spray or olive oil spray and salt them.
- Salt chicken breasts. Place potatoes and chicken on grill and cook until done.
- The seasoning mixture makes the chicken very reddish in color, so be careful not to cook the chicken too long.
This was an excellent dish to serve at my backyard cookout. Early in the day, I boiled my potatoes and rubbed my chicken so everything was ready for the grill at the same time. Make sure your chicken has been patted dry with a paper towel before putting the rub on; otherwise you will get too mcuh of the mixture on the chicken. Thanks for posting this recipe. Made for My 3 Chefs June 2008.