Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a different way to make a good chicken sandwich. To me, the red onion makes this sandwich!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup sweet baby rays barbecue sauce
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 sliced red onion
- 2 sliced kosher pickles
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- First, cut chicken breast into 6 evenly sized pieces. Pound to about ½ inch thick pieces.
- Mix together milk and eggs in one bowl and put flour in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the wet mixture and then in the flour. Set aside until fryer is ready.
- In the meantime, start the bacon in a skillet and cook until crispy and slice the red onion. Also heat the BBQ sauce to warm in a pot on the stove.
- Deep fry the chicken for 4-7 minutes or until cooked thoroughly Set aside.
- Toast the hamburger buns in a skillet until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Take the cooked chicken and toss it in the BBQ sauce and then assembly the sandwiches.
- Starting on the bottom bun, place the chicken, cheese, bacon crossed, onions, then pickles. Serve right away.
This is great! Made as directed, only next time I'd probably slice my red onion a lot thinner. I used mayo and lettuce, too. Thanks, nochlo! Made for PAC Fall 2012.
Great burger :). I did not include the onion though. Grilled the chicken too. Made or PRMR tag.
Great chicken sandwich.....enough said......now go and make one!!<br/>Made for PRMR.