Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Great wings for snacking on while watching the game. Make sure you make plenty as they’ll disappear fast!
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Montreal chicken seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3 lbs chicken wings, sections (tips discarded)
- cucumber, slices (optional)
- celery rib (optional)
- ranch dressing (optional)
- In pot combine onion, marmalade, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon Montreal seasoning and spice powder.
- Over medium-low heat; simmer, stirring, until thickened, 30 minutes.
- Reserve 1/4 cup glaze.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle wings with remaining Montreal seasoning.
- Arrange in single layer on jellyroll pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Turn wings over; brush with reserved glaze.
- Bake 15 minutes; turn wings over.
- Heat broiler. Broil wings until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Return remaining glaze to simmer, adding water to thin as necessary. Serve with wings.
This was absolutely the best that we have eaten..I did not have enough marmalade and finished the 1/2 cup with apricot preserves and added a full 2 teaspoons of seasoning to the wings and 1/2 to the sauce. It was great.