Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love a good homemade pizza. This one is outstanding! The mixture of the sauce with the basil, fresh zucchini, garlic, and roasted pepper is amazing. It's not so "different" that the kids won't eat it, and it is better than anything you can get at a pizza joint. I use fresh local mozzarella and fresh local basil cheddar cheese to make it clean. BBQ sauce can come out of a bottle (organic), or you can find some amazing recipes here on Food.com. Pizza crust recipe is also here online.
- 4 ounces chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 green onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, smooshed
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, roasted
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pizza crust, 8 inch
- Pre-bake the crust for at least 10 minutes so it does not end up soggy.
- Roast the pepper by putting them on a cookie tray under the broiler. Don't be afraid of a little "burn" on it, that add flavor.
- Cut the chicken into thin slices.
- Slice zucchini, onion, basil, and peppers.
- Mix the garlic with the BBQ sauce.
- Brush the crust with almost all of the BBQ sauce.
- Lay down a layer of thin sliced chicken.
- Sprinkle green onion over the chicken, lay down slices of zucchini and brush with the rest of the BBQ sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and then cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until everything is heated through and cheese is melted.