Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had some leftover barbecued chicken and I already made the pot-pie, so I threw some stuff in a pan and came up with this
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- Saute the onion and garlic in the oil over medium/high heat.
- Add the tomato paste and cumin and cook for one minute stirring constantly.
- Add the Worcestershire, barbecue sauce, tomatoes, water and chicken, mix well and bring to a bubble.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes until mixture thickens.
- serve over warm hamburger buns.