Recipe by Lainey6605
If your family likes barbecue chicken and sloppy joes, this is an easy combo that they should enjoy.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
This was made on 6/19/10 to add to my freezer stash. And due to what was on hand this is how it was made, I used ground turkey instead of chicken. And I used about 1 1/2 cups of " Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce " ( We like ours a bit more on the sloppy side :) ) I did have a taste before adding to the freezer, and it's a " Keeper " Thanks for posting and " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- lettuce (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large nonstick skillet, brown ground chicken, onion and green pepper until vegetables are tender and until chicken is no longer pink, breaking up the chunks with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and heat through.
- Serve on lettuce-lined buns and top with cheese, if desired.