Recipe by buttercup0009
This recipe called for pork, which I don't like, so I decided to use chicken instead. To my surprise, it turned out really well. My husband actually liked it! Use your judgement on the consistency. I periodically checked on the barbeque a few times throughout the day and stirred it a little. I'd love to hear from anyone who tries this recipe. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Amber of AZ
This was wonderful. I used KC Masterpiece Spicy Original BBQ sauce (my favorate). The green peppers really add to the flavor of the chicken. I found that my crockpot needed less cooking time, but it is a smaller one. This was also a snap to prepare. I paired a sandwich with a nice crisp green salad with reduced fat blue cheese dressing. YUM! Thanks for posting
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped into tiny pieces
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped into tiny pieces
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 -2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili powder, depending on your tastes
- 4 hamberger hot dog buns, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In your crockpot combine green pepper and onions.
- Sprinkle tapioca over veggies.
- Place the chicken over the veggies.
- In a med. bowl, combine barbeque sauce and chili powder.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 11-12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 1/2-6 hours.
- When the cooking time is almost up, take a fork and shred the chicken.
- This should be quite easy to do, since the chicken will be very tender.
- Cook a little longer or until you think it is at the right consistency.
- Serve on the toasted buns.
- (I used onion buns, which tasted good w/ the barbeque).