Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This flavorful recipe is great for the family or for casual get-togethers. It uses canned chicken and prepared barbecue sauce to make mouthwateringly delicious sandwiches.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup) (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) canswanson premium white chunk chicken breasts, in water, drained
- 4 pepperidge farm farmhouse premium white rolls, with sesame seeds, split and toasted
- Heat the butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the pepper, if desired, onion and celery and cook until they're tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the barbecue sauce and chicken in the saucepan.
- Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring occasionally. Divide the chicken mixture among the rolls.
I made 2 rolls for the DM and DS using some left over roast chicken and the rolls were wholemeal/wholegrain otherwise made as specified and they both gave the big thumbs up and thoroughly enjoyed, thank you Kaitlin Cave, made for I Recommend tag game and recommended by pammyowl.
Not bad, could use work. Personal preference, but the green pepper did nothing for it I used home cooked chicken and Ken Davis BBQ sauce, also my own homemade rolls. Thanks for posting! Made for Fall PAC 2012