Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
TOH; family favorite for fall/winter sports weekends.
- 2 whole chickens, cooked, deboned, and chopped
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (I use Tabasco)
- hamburger bun
- In crock pot, combine all ingredients except buns; mix well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve on buns.
- **We toast our hamburger buns.
WOW!! This was very, very tasty and so easy. I cooked and shredded the chicken meat the night before. Put everything in the crockpot in the morning and cooked on low all day. We came home and had incredible BBQ sandwiches. So simple and easy. Something that will be a regular thing around here. Thanks Nurse Di.
These came out pretty good. I would only add one cup of water next time because when I like a thicker sauce, this sauce was a little too runny for me.
We had this for supper tonight. What a treat. My family loved it. The sauce was seasoned just the way we like it. Wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for a great recipe.