Recipe by Debe
This can be easily doubled..........
Top Review by springdaze786
I made this with yogurt, and barbeque sauce instead of ketchup, and I didnt add brown sugar, and I didnt simmer the chicken in the sauce for 1 and a half hours...I just cooked the sauce enuf to mix it all and keep it saucy, and then i added the chicken and added more salt, o and i made less servings...this ended up tasting more like tuna than nething else, and it wasnt that great...it was ok...
- 1 (4 lb) chicken
- 1 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place whole chicken in a large pot, cover with water.
- Heat to boiling then simmer til chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken, cool then shred meat off bones.
- In a large pan, mix ketchup, water, onion, salt, celeryseed, chili powder, brown sugar, Tabasco, Worcestershire and vinegar.
- Add shredded chicken.
- Simmer chicken in sauce for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve warm on rolls.
- Makes about 6 big sandwiches.