Adopted Parisian's Note:
An easy chicken salad with actual "BBQ'd" chicken. You will love all the colors and flavors of the veggies, and even kids enjoy this zesty dinner or lunch salad! It's a great way to sneak veggies into their little tummies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 2 cups black beans (cooked and rinsed)
- 1 cup sweet white corn kernels (cooked and cooled)
- 1 large semi-ripe tomato (cut in bite-sized pieces)
- 1/2 large red onion (cut in bite-sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups ranch dressing
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 large bell pepper, i like red ((chopped)
- 1Slice chicken breasts into three inch strips. Place in large, preheated skillet with oil.
- 2While chicken is cooking, make BBQ sauce by whisking ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, and paprika. Once chicken is cooked through and slightly browned, turn down heat on skillet and drizzle chicken with sauce and cook until coated and slightly candied.
- 3Place chicken in fridge to cool.
- 4For salad, clean romaine and chop in bite sized pieces. Layer in bottom of large, shallow serving bowl. Sprinkle romaine with beans, corn, onion and carrots.
- 5Drizzle with ranch dressing. You can use more or less dressing as you prefer.
- 6Sprinkle with cheese, and chopped peppers. Remove chicken from fridge and spoon over salad.
- 7Serve with garlic bread and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1289.3
- Calories from Fat 813
- Total Fat 90.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 108.5 mg
- Sodium 2082.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 51.6 g
- Protein 36.8 g