Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
An easy chicken salad with actual "BBQ'd" chicken. You will love all the colors and flavors of the veggies, and even kids enjoy this zesty dinner or lunch salad! It's a great way to sneak veggies into their little tummies!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 2 cups black beans (cooked and rinsed)
- 1 cup sweet white corn kernels (cooked and cooled)
- 1 large semi-ripe tomatoes (cut in bite-sized pieces)
- 1⁄2 large red onion (cut in bite-sized pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups ranch dressing
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 large bell pepper, i like red ((chopped)
- Slice chicken breasts into three inch strips. Place in large, preheated skillet with oil.
- While chicken is cooking, make BBQ sauce by whisking ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, and paprika. Once chicken is cooked through and slightly browned, turn down heat on skillet and drizzle chicken with sauce and cook until coated and slightly candied.
- Place chicken in fridge to cool.
- For salad, clean romaine and chop in bite sized pieces. Layer in bottom of large, shallow serving bowl. Sprinkle romaine with beans, corn, onion and carrots.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing. You can use more or less dressing as you prefer.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and chopped peppers. Remove chicken from fridge and spoon over salad.
- Serve with garlic bread and enjoy!
Very flavorful, very easy. Good way to get kids to eat veggies.