Mrs. Hock's Note:
The key to this pizza is adding ingredients as the pizza cooks. Carmelized onions, bacon, fresh spinach and smoked cheddar, and a light cilantro sauce give this bbq pizza a California kick
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 slices of cooked and crumbled applewood smoked bacon
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 sliced colorful sweet peppers
- 10 quartered spinach leaves, with the stems removed
- 5 sliced fresh mushrooms
- pizza dough, for a large size pizza
- olive oil, for grilling onions and mixed mushrooms
- 1If chicken is not grilled grill chicken and seson with season salt, cut into bite size pieces, set aside.
- 2Roll out the pizza dough, lightly olive oil the crust, transfer to a "cornmealed" pizza stone or cookie sheet and prepare the ingredients for the base sauce in a small bowl. Spread the base sauce on the dough and put in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. This prevents a soggy pizza dough.
- 3While the dough is cooking grill onions and mushrooms on a cast iron grill (if you do not have a grill, do it in a skillet). Lightly salt to taste.
- 4After the pizza dough has cooked for ten minutes, take it out and put a 3/4 of the grated cheeses on the pizza put all of the toppings on, putting the onions and mushrooms last. Top with the remaining 1/4 of cheese. Put in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- 5While waiting for the pizza to cook, make the cilantro sauce topping, by blending ingredients in a food processor and placing it in a ziplock bag.
- 6When pizza is done, cut the tip of the cilantro sauce bag with scissors and drizzle over the pizza.
Browse Our Top Californian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Chicken Pizza With Cilantro Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.0
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 99.7 mg
- Sodium 723.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 33.0 g