Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
a little twist on a recipe that my mother-in-law created. It was a huge hit and my husband was so upset when he forgot to put the tiny bit of leftovers in the fridge.
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups italian style cheese
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce (we love Head's Country BBQ)
- 20 ounces crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cooked, shredded chicken with BBQ sauce, mushrooms, garlic, and cheese together.
- Roll out crescent roll dough and mash all seams together to make one sheet of dough on the cookie sheet or stone that you plan to cook it on.
- Spread chicken mixture in center of dough rectangle and then fold over the ends. Make sure that all seams are pinched together and ends are closed.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Slice up and serve immediately.
- Filling can be made up to a day in advance.