Prep 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made over version of a tasty pizza recipe BBQ Chicken Pizza - California Pizza Kitchen Style.
Make and share this BBQ Chicken Pizza - California Pizza Kitchen Style Made Over! recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubes
- 2 tablespoons low-calorie barbecue sauce (I used Walden Farms Calorie Free BBQ Sauce)
- 1 lb pizza dough (double par baked recipe of Marsha's Whole Wheat Pizza worked for me)
- 1⁄2 cup low-calorie barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 small red onion, sliced into 1/8-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Pre heat broiler and spray a cookie sheet with PAM and scatter chicken cubes on the greased sheet and broil until cooked fully. Place chicken in fridge until chilled then toss in 2 tbs BBQ sauce.
- To make the pizzas place a pizza stone in the center of the oven and preheat to 500 degrees F for one hour before cooking pizzas.
- spoon 1/4 cup low cal BBQ sauce evenly over each prepared dough.
- Sprinkle the dough with 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella. Distribute half the chicken pieces evenly over the cheese (approximately 18 pieces). Place approximately 18 to 20 pieces of red onion over the surface. Sprinkle an additional 1/4 cup Mozzarella over the top of the pizza.
Excellent pizza! I used Pizza Dough for Thin Crust Pizza for the pizza crust. My kids are not crazy about onions so I omitted them on their portions. I added jalapeno slices that were very thin and green onions sliced into 1 inch sections. My husband and I loved that. You cannot go wrong with the cilantro. My 7yr old was asking for more of it. Thank you.
This pizza was the BOMB! I used thin pizza crust (pillsbury), made my own b-b-q sauce and added chopped steamed broccoli, fresh basil and tomatoes at the last 3-4 minutes, he doesnt like onions it was a big hit!!! Will keep this one and change it up now and then, thanks!
We really enjoyed this! I did make a few small changes, namely I used pillsbury dough and rolled it out 10 minutes before I made the actual pizza. I also baked the chicken in a bit of lime juice and pepper (don't you just love lime & cilantro?). My husband mentioned that pineapple would be a welcome addition to the mix, but I thought it was fine without. This will definitely make the menu again.