Recipe by anme
I made over version of a tasty pizza recipe BBQ Chicken Pizza - California Pizza Kitchen Style.
Top Review by hspeer
Excellent pizza! I used Recipe #70165 for the pizza crust. My kids are not crazy about onions so I omitted them on their portions. I added jalapeno slices that were very thin and green onions sliced into 1 inch sections. My husband and I loved that. You cannot go wrong with the cilantro. My 7yr old was asking for more of it. Thank you.
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubes
- 2 tablespoons low-calorie barbecue sauce (I used Walden Farms Calorie Free BBQ Sauce)
- 1 lb pizza dough (double par baked recipe of Marsha's Whole Wheat Pizza worked for me)
- 1⁄2 cup low-calorie barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 small red onion, sliced into 1/8-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat broiler and spray a cookie sheet with PAM and scatter chicken cubes on the greased sheet and broil until cooked fully. Place chicken in fridge until chilled then toss in 2 tbs BBQ sauce.
- To make the pizzas place a pizza stone in the center of the oven and preheat to 500 degrees F for one hour before cooking pizzas.
- spoon 1/4 cup low cal BBQ sauce evenly over each prepared dough.
- Sprinkle the dough with 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella. Distribute half the chicken pieces evenly over the cheese (approximately 18 pieces). Place approximately 18 to 20 pieces of red onion over the surface. Sprinkle an additional 1/4 cup Mozzarella over the top of the pizza.