1/7 Photos of BBQ Chicken Pizza - California Pizza Kitchen Style
Gaelige Coinnaigh's Note:
If you've ever been to the California Pizza kitchen and tried this pizza, you'll never want to go back to the greasy East Coast style...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons favorite barbecue sauce (we use a spicy-sweet sauce)
- bbq chicken pizza dough
- cornmeal or semolina or flour, for handling
- 1/2 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced into 1/8-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1To make BBQ Chicken: In a large frying pan, cook the chicken in olive oil over medium-high heat until just cooked, 5 to 6 minutes. Do not overcook. Set aside in the refrigerator until chilled through.
- 2Once chilled, coat the chicken with 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce; set aside in the refrigerator.
- 3To make the pizza: Place the pizza stone in the center of the oven and preheat to 500 degrees F for one hour before cooking pizzas.
- 4Use a large spoon to spread ¼ cup BBQ sauce evenly over the surface of the prepared dough within the rim. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon smoked Gouda cheese over the sauce. Cover with ¾ cup shredded Mozzarella. Distribute half the chicken pieces evenly over the cheese (approximately 18 pieces). Place approximately 18 to 20 pieces of red onion over the surface. Sprinkle an additional ¼ cup Mozzarella over the top of the pizza.
- 5Transfer the pizza to the oven; bake until the crust is crisp and golden and the cheese at the center is bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes. When the pizza is cooked, carefully remove it from the oven; sprinkle 1 tablespoon cilantro over the hot surface. Slice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Chicken Pizza - California Pizza Kitchen Style
Serving Size: 1 (697 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 677.2
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 179.2 mg
- Sodium 1524.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 55.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked gouda cheese