Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this very interesting recipe in the Orlando Sentinel newspaper last week. I hope you enjoy it. Please note that Pizza sauce can be substituted for BBQ sauce.
- 2 (16 ounce) cansflaky-style biscuits
- 2 (7 ounce) chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (Italian style)
- 1 teaspoon mrs. dash spicy herb seasoning
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 green onion, washed and chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine chicken, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes and herb seasoning.
- Separate the dough onto 16 biscuits.
- Split each biscuit in half by gently separating the layers into 32 biscuits.
- Place biscuits on a lightly greased pan.
- Spread 2 tsps.
- of sauce on each biscuit.
- Top each biscuit with 1 tbsp.
- chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese and green onions on each biscuit.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Hi Char, I made these delicious chicken pizza bites to take over to the neighbors monthly get-together...everyone just went crazy over them, they were such a huge success...I tripled the recipe, because I needed lots, and I used the Pillsbury brand of biscuits, and made them with BBQ sauce, the only change I made was, I added just a little fresh minced garlic to the diced tomatoes...these were awesome...thanks for posting Char, we all enjoyed them :-)