Prep 2 mins
Cook 12 mins
Barbequed chicken, red onion, smoked gouda, mozerella, all on a crispy crust.
Make and share this Bbq Chicken Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- pizza dough (10-12 inch size)
- Cut or shred chicken breast into bite-size pieces and marinate in half of barbecue sauce in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When chicken has marinated, preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Roll out pizza dough over floured surface.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Saute the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes or until done.
- Spread remaining half of barbecue sauce evenly over the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and gouda cheese over the sauce.
- Add chicken.
- Add onion.
- Sprinkle cilantro.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until crust is light brown.
The boys loved this and have asked that it be added into the pizza rotation.
Tastes very nice. I had some trouble shredding the gouda, because it is so soft, but other than that, I liked this recipe alot. I usually can't stand onions on pizza, but on this one, they taste pretty dang good!
Good tasting. I liked how the chicken is marinated in the barbeque sauce and then cooked. I used Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce. I took the liberty of adding crisp, diced bacon as a topping. The gouda cheese adds a very savory flavor to the pizza. Thank you for the recipe.