Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my favorite pizza, especially if it's done on the grill! You can use a prepared or crust or try The Art of Making the Perfect Pizza Dough. YUM! Update: 9/09 -- try the No Knead Crust No-Knead Flatbreads - Master Recipe (Pizza, Naan, Focaccia) , it's fantastic!
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, cooked and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced (or minced)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 basic pizza dough, 14 inch, The Art of Making the Perfect Pizza Dough
- Prepare pizza crust -- Recipe #236785.
- To bake on the grill (my personal favorite) see Recipe #322248.
- To bake in oven:.
- Preheat oven AND pizza stone at 425°F for one hour.
- Spread BBQ sauce on pizza dough.
- Top with diced chicken breast and jalapenos.
- Arrange onions on top.
- Sprinkle cilantro over pizza.
- Cover with grated mozzarella.
- Place in preheat oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Yum, yum, yum! This is such a great pizza recipe. I used a pizza dough mix where you just add water for the crust. I pretty much made as directed except I forgot all about the cilantro! (I guess I'll just have to make this again...:)) The BBQ sauce went perfectly with all the other ingredients and the whole house smelled so good when this was cooking. Thanks so muchf or sharing this recipe! Made for Zaar Tag.