Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Woman's World Magazine 9/14/04 - a great use for leftover or rotisserie chicken.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagethin-style prebaked 12-inch pizza crust, such as Boboli
- 1⁄4 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken (1/3 of a 2-1/2-lb. rotisserie chicken)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz.)
- 6 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place crust on ungreased baking sheet. Spread barbecue sauce over crust to within 1 inch of edge. Top with green pepprt, chicken and cheeses.
- Bake until heated through and cheese is melted and browned, 15-20 minutes.
I scaled it back for a medium pizza for the DM and myself and I used red capsicum and unfortunately I couldn't get any smoked mozzarella so only used the regular and used some left over roast chicken meat (great way to use the left overs) and baked for 15 minutes at 200C fan forced oven on a rack for a lovely crispy base with a delicious cheesy topping. Thank you JackieOhNo!, made for Everyday A Holiday.
Mmmmm...how can you go wrong with BBQ, chicken, and cheese? This was delicious. I used a homemade crust (ladypit's Recipe #94429), and I used 1/2 c bell pepper and 1/2 c thinly sliced onion. I added a bit of fresh spinach for color and toned back the cheese to about 5 ounces. The flavor was absolutely incredible, and given DH's response I know I will be making this again and again! Thanks for posting. Made for Top Favorites of 2009 tag.
I used a red bell pepper. Instead of smoked mozzarella cheese, I used smoked gouda cheese. It was great. Very good. Thanks Jackie. Made for Potluck tag