This is one of my SO's favorite pizza. and its definatly a mouthwatering favorite. Note:: There is approx 1.5 hrs of passive time
- To make the dough
- In a small bowl, dissolve the honey in the warm water.
- Sprinkle the yeast over the water and stir until it dissolves.
- Let the yeast mixture stand for 5 minutes, until a layer of foam forms on the surface.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and the salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour the olive oil and the yeast mixture.
- Stir the flour into the wet ingredients, until all the flour is incorporated. If its too dry, add more water.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 15 minutes, until it is smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough into a ball and put in in a well-oiled bowl. Cover with a moist towel and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk (about 1 1/2 hours).
- One hour before baking the pizzas, start preheating the oven with pizza stones inside at 500 degrees F.
- ( i have used just a pizza pan an preheated just 20 minutes with great results)
- For the Chicken
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil on medium high heat.
- add chicken pieces. saute until cooked (6 minutes). Chill.
- Coat chicken with 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce.
- Set aside in the refrigerator.
- For the Pizza
- Punch the dough down, and divide into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into an 6-8 inch flat circle. Spread 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over the surface of the dough.
- Distribute 1/4 of the cheese over the sauce. Distribute 1/4 of the chicken over the cheese.
- Place half of the onion rings( i normally just dice the onions ) over the chicken pieces.
- Place the pizza in the oven (on top of pizza stones). Bake until crust is crispy and cheese is bubbling (8-10 minutes).
- Remove pizzas from the oven and sprinkle each with cilantro.