Recipe by beccasextra
from Parenting magazine. You can swap in red and green peppers for the corn, or summer squash
Top Review by LonghornMama
10 stars! A wonderful healthier pizza that my whole family loved. Veggies are a colorful and healthful bonus. This pizza has much lower saturated fat than the traditional version, too, but you'll never miss it. I used Recipe #146401 (made with white whole wheat flour and unbleached flour)from my freezer instead of the pitas. Will definitely make this again. A superfast dinner, perfect for busy nights. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2007.
- 4 mini whole wheat pita bread, split
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place split pitas on an ungreased baking sheet. Put chicken, carrot, corn, and barbecue sauce in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Sppon 2 Tbs chicken mixture onto each pita.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbs cheese mixture on top of each, and bake until cheese is bubbly, about 8 minutes.
- 238 calories, 5 g fat.