Fast and yummy pizza that is a real tummy pleaser! This recipe combines leftovers and fresh produce with a few prepackaged items to help you get a healthy and tasty meal on the table in no time. Created for RSC 10. Best of luck to all chefs!
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced (leftovers work great!)
- 2 -3 cups barbecue sauce (use your favorite)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups crushed pineapple (optional)
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, more if you like them
- 2 prepared pizza crust (like Boboli)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (I use the pizza blend bagged shredded cheese)
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded (I use the colby jack blend bagged shredded cheese)
- Drain pineapple and slice or cut tomatoes, Drain very well in a strainer so that the juice does not make the crust soggy. I even squeeze the pineapple to get most of the juice out. A ricer works great here! BUT will smoosh the tomatoes.
- Spread half of the bbq sauce on each pizza and top with chicken, thinly sliced onions, diced bell pepper, cut and drained tomatoes, and pineapple that has been drained well. (NOTE: PLEASE drain as much juice as you can so that your crust does not get soggy).
- Mix cheeses together and top each pizza equally. Place the jalapeño slices on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese bubbles and begins to brown.
- Allow pizza to rest for a few minutes, then slice and serve!