Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My hubby and I came up with this recipe one summer. We've even won a BBQ contest with this recipe and were on our local television morning show.
- Turn on BBQ to med-high to preheat.
- BBQ chicken breasts on medium heat until tender and juicy.
- Baste chicken with BBQ sauce.
- When chicken is cooked, slice into thin strips.
- Next fry onions with a little butter until caramelized.
- Now, assemble your pizzas.
- Spread a layer of the BBQ sauce on the shells.
- Then add a layer of sliced tomatoes.
- Next add the sliced chicken, then onions, and top off with the feta.
- On low heat put shells directly on BBQ rack.
- Cook until crispy, hot, and feta is soft.
That is awsome!
I had some feta to use up & had a pizza medley Friday night so made this. Simple & delicious, thanks for posting!
This was excellent, really good - really simiple - loved the feta. I also added a monterey jack cheese blend (we love cheese!) and left out the tomato as it didn't seem to fit for us. We used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Thanks Kareybear!