Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this recipe after trying it at a restaurant. Tastes great!
- 1 pizza crust
- honey garlic barbecue sauce
- 1-2 chicken breast, cubed
- 3-4 slice turkey bacon
- red onion, chopped
- fresh mushrooms (optional)
- fresh parmesan cheese
- Prepare pizza dough.
- In frying pan cook cubed chicken breast pieces.
- In another frying pan cook bacon strips.
- Spread pizza crust with desired amount of BBQ sauce.
- Top with chicken, bacon, red onion, mushrooms and fianlly the parmesean cheese.
- Bake as usual.
This was stellar. I loved the texture and saltiness of the bacon (used regular bacon) against the tang of the BBQ sauce. I did add some sliced sharp cheddar but I don't think it contributed much. I'll try it without next time. I only made a half a pizza with this and my Dh was rooting around in the kitchen looking for the rest of it.