Recipe by Wendelina
BBQ sauce and chicken on top of a toasted pita making a lower carb alternative to pizza. Great for folks on LAWL.
- 4 inches whole wheat pita bread
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 slices purple onions
- 1 chicken breast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme or 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Split pita so the inside is face up. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic powder and some thyme or rosemary (just a dash).
- Toast pita in 400 degree oven for about 2 minutes. You want to "prebake" your "crust" so it's not soggy.
- Spread 1/2 Tbsp BBQ sauce on each side of pita.
- Chop up chicken breast and toss in 1Tbsp BBQ sauce.
- Top with chicken. Top with purple onion. Top each half w/1oz. RF cheese.
- Bake at 400 until cheese is melted.
- LAWL count: 1Starch, 1 protein,1 Dairy, 2 Condiments.