Recipe by BeanieJ
This casserole is the very first dish which I concocted. I threw this together many years back with my boys in mind. I used ingredients which I knew they would like, but made it healthy to satisfy me. They loved it, as did my husband, and they still request it today. It's great with Italian or French bread!
- 1 (12 ounce) box tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the chicken breasts in a lightly oiled skillet on medium heat for approximately 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink inside; cool for 5 minutes; then dice.
- At the same time, cook the pasta according to box directions. When done, drain the pasta and place in a large, greased baking dish. Add the chicken and remaining ingredients to the pasta. Mix well.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Stir and enjoy!