Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped and seeded
- Preheat oven to 450 F or grill to medium high.
- Divide chicken breasts between 4 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Spoon barbecue sauce over chicken and top with vegetables.
- Bring foil up sides.
- Double fold top and ends to seal packets, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven or grill 12 to 15 minutes in covered grill.
I liked the concept of this recipe but I had some seriously burnt chicken afterward, which I was not expecting after reading the other reviews of this recipe. I used Sweet Baby Ray's sauce and I prepared everything according to directions. The taste was still good but some of the chicken stuck to the tinfoil and had scorch marks on it when it was finished, as did some of the veggies. We scraped it off and ate it and only the really burnt parts were bad. I will try this again and maybe add a little bit of water to the BBQ sauce. I will update because I really want to love this recipe!
Just had this recipe for dinner tonight. Great results but I must say that I just used the recipe as a guideline. I used boneless centre cut pork chops, added onion, used red pepper and canned corn. Wrapped in foil and placed on BBQ grill for 20 minutes. Moist, tender and absolutely delicious. Will make again and use chicken breast next time as that is what I now have left in the fridge.......we are on vacation so using what is on hand.
This was great and supper easy. I made up the packets a few hours ahead of time (I added about a tablespoon or so of chopped onion and used a red bell pepper and Diana's Honey Garlic BBQ Sauce.) I baked in the oven and they came out great!