Prep 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
Shish Kebabs always look impressive whether for the family or for a dinner party. It looks like you have taken special care to prepare the meal and they taste good too!
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 large onion, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 8 white pearl onions
- 8 pieces sweet green peppers or 8 pieces red peppers, 1 1/2-inch squares
- 8 mushrooms
- Combine chopped onion, cumin, lemon juice, vinegar garlic and jalepeno in a bowl.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Drop the chicken pieces in the onion mixture and coat well.
- Leave chicken in the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Heat BBQ to medium heat.
- Really coat the chicken pieces with the onion mixture.
- Alternate chicken, cherry tomato, pepper, pearl onions and mushrooms on 4 skewers.
- BBQ until chicken is cooked through.
I liked that these were marinated in a sort of vinaigrette as opposed to a thick and sticky sauce. I only used 1/2 a jalapeno so that my little girl could eat them, too. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us. I will make them again.
A very tasty BBQ meal. I let the chicken sit in the fridge for way more than a half an hour and made this on my imatation george forman grill. I left out the jalapeno since my mother is afraid of all spicy foods. I scaled this down for 2 people but made the same amount of onion mixture then reserved some of the extra onion mixture and basted it while it was on the grill. I plan on making this again, thanks for posting!