Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this out of the "365 ways to cook hamburg" cookbook. We made it and it was WONDERFUL! I only put in 1/2 the jalepeno because I did not want to make it spicey, but could not even taste it, So do not be afraid to add it.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell peppers or 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup corn kernel, fresh"or" thawed frozen
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, rolled oats, corn, eggs, chili powder, worcestershire sauce.
- and garlic salt.
- add ground chicken and mix well.
- Transfer to a 9x5x3 inch pan Bake 1 hour.
- Spread remaining 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce over top pf loaf and bake until a meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160, about 15 minutes longer.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain off excess liquid and slice.
I tried this recipe today and I liked it. The next time I make this recipe I will not add the corn in the mixture. I also added some liquid smoke to my mixture to add to the barbecue flavor of it and I used more barbecue sauce than what the recipe called for. I served it with peas & carrots and rice. I give this recipe 3.5 stars.