Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Coup de Pouce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken legs (2 1/2 lb/1.25 kg)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 10 carrots or 12 ounces baby carrots, blanched
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, blanched
- 8 ounces asparagus, blanched and cut in 2 inches pieces
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup and hoisin sauce. Set aside.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken legs and put on a baking sheet that has foil paper on it. Cook in a preheated oven of 400 F for 20 minutes. Brush with the sauce of ketchup and keep cooking 20 minutes or until golden and the juice that comes out is clear.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon at medium low heat for about 5 minutes or until crispy. Remove bacon from skillet and drained on paper towell. Without degreasing the skillet, add carrots and cook, while stirring, for 5 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and asparagus and keep cooking while stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until veggies are tender. Remove the skillet from the heat. Crumble the bacon in the skillet, add mint and stir delicately. Serve the veggies with the chicken.
Very good and complete meal - used soy sauce instead of hoisin sauce and skipped the mint. Doubled the amount of chicken - very good! Thanks for shariang!
Very good dinner and the sauce was pretty tasty! We loved it.
Delicious chicken dinner. I love that it's a complete meal with all those healthy veggies. The chicken was done perfectly and had a very nice flavor. Thank you! Made for Photo Tag.