Recipe by foodart
Oven baked BBQ chicken with a maple glaze.
Top Review by I'mPat
Wow fall of the bone chicken with just the right amount of sweetness. I used what we call a Maryland cut (chicken and thigh intact) and baked at 175C fan forced for an hour and then had to reduce heat to and keep warm as the DH was running really late from his 12 hour day shift and I thought for sure it will by dry but it was beautifully moist and fall of the bone and gobbled up by 3 of us (the DH had a stuffed chicken breast as he is not keen on leg or thighes but unfortunately due to his latenes his was a little dry). For dietary reasons I used a sugar free maple syrup, tomatoe sauce (catsup) and ETA B-B-Q sauce (our favourite). Thank you Chef #DBLEE, made for New Kids On The Block.
- 12 chicken legs
- 12 chicken thighs
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- 16 ounces barbecue sauce, Bullseye brand
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup, Mrs. Butterworth
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup, Mrs. Butterworth
- green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place chicken legs and thighs onto a full half size baking pan and coat with the salt, pepper and seasoning blend. Pour in the bottle of the bbq sauce, maple syrup and catsup and blend together. And let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Place into the oven for 50 minutes. Remove and let the chicken rest for 15 minutes before serving. Before serve pour in the 1/4 cup Mrs. Butterworth maple syrup and top with minced green onions.