Nice blend of flavors with the curry & tomato juice. I like to put some mushrooms and maybe a cherry tomato or two on the skewers.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 red pepper, seeded, membranes removed and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 green pepper, seeded, membranes removed cut into 1 inch squares
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Thread chicken alternating with a square of red & then green pepper on 4 skewers.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Place skewered kebabs in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over the kebabs Cover, place in fridge for at least 2 hours, turn occasionally so all sides are well coated. Grill kebabs over medium heat about 6" from heat source, turn so they do not overcook on any side, approximately 15 minutes or until the chicken is done- overcooking will produce dry chicken so watch them.
We had this last night and it was very easy and very good. Thanks for this recipe Bergy. ML