Tangy and flavorful. You may also do these skewers in the oven 325 F apprx 20 min. check to see that no pink remains when cut through. If you do not like yogurt use sour cream or whipped cottage cheese with a couple of tbsp of low fat cream cheese added. A short cut to the final BBQ time is to partially cook the chicken in the marinade in a skillet until the chicken is just beginning to brown, then thread it onto the skewers and keep in fridge until you are ready to BBQ - only takes 10 minutes on a pre heated grill. Do not miss squeezing the fresh lime juice on as you are BBQing them - it gives a lovely zing.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 " cubes
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 4 lime wedges (for garnish)
- In a large"Ziplock" bag or a shallow glass dish mix yogurt, garlic, ginger, curry powder, sugar, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add chicken to marinade, turn to coat and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Thread chicken on skewers, discard marinade.
- BBQ over medium heat 4" from heat.
- Baste with half of the lime juice.
- Turn once while cooking, basting with the remaining lime juice (about 6 minutes each side or until there is no pink inside).
- Place skewers on serving plate garnish with lime wedges.