Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I decided to experiment one day, and actually write down what I did and how I did it. This is the result. My friends loved it, and my mother (Kayne) did too. She talked me into posting it.
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 whole store bought rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 2 cups barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons barbecue seasoning
- 8 ounces beer
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the rice according to instructions.
- In a large skillet sautee onion, pepper, and garlic over low heat.
- Add the shredded chicken to the skillet.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the BBQ sauce and the BBQ seasoning.
- Bring to a slow boil, add the beer and simmer for about 35 minutes or until mixture is thick.
- Place the cooked rice in the bottom of a greased casserole dish, spread the chicken mixture on top of the rice, and pour 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce on top. Add cheese, then top with biscuits.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
I was out of bbq sauce so I used a can of cream of chicken soup and a half can of water and left out the beer.It was so yummmmy.Thanks.