If you like BBQ Chicken Pizza, you'll like this easy-to-make calzone version!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from the pan to drain on paper towels; crumble. Add the onion and shredded chicken to the hot bacon grease in the pan. Fry over medium heat until onion is tender. Stir in 1/3 cup of barbeque sauce, and remove from the heat. Mix in the cooked bacon.
- 3Roll the pizza crust dough out onto a greased cookie sheet. Press out to an even thickness, and then cut in half. Divide the chicken mixture between the two pieces of dough, spreading on only half of each piece to within 1/2 inch of the edge. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the filling. Sprinkle the cheese and cilantro over the top. Fold the uncovered portion of dough over the filling, and press the edges together with a fork to seal.
- 4Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until browned to your liking. Cool for a few minutes, then cut each calzone in half. Each serving is half of a calzone. These can be served with additional barbeque sauce if you like.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Chicken Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.6
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.7 mg
- Sodium 670.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 38.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: