PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this on the Six Sisters' Stuff recipe blog and I am dying to try it! The ingredients are simple and everything comes together pretty quickly. It would also be a great way to use up leftover chicken. Servings depend on how many biscuits are in your tube.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- 2Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from the pan to drain on paper towels; crumble.
- 3Add the onion and shredded chicken to a pan with olive oil. Saute over medium heat until onion is tender.
- 4Stir in 1/2 cup of barbeque sauce, and remove from the heat.
- 5Mix in the cooked bacon.
- 6Flatten out biscuit dough out onto a greased cookie sheet. Press out to an even thickness.
- 7Spread a small amount of barbecue sauce on each biscuit (about 1 tsp.) Divide the chicken mixture between the biscuits, spreading on only half of each piece to within 1/2 inch of the edge.
- 8Sprinkle the cheese and cilantro over the top.
- 9Fold each biscuit in half and press the edges together with a fork to seal.
- 10Bake for 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until browned to your liking.
- 11Cool for a few minutes before serving. These can be served with additional barbecue sauce if you like.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Chicken Calzone
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.7
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 667.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 18.1 g