Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this on the Six Sisters' Stuff recipe blog and I am dying to try it! The ingredients are simple and everything comes together pretty quickly. It would also be a great way to use up leftover chicken. Servings depend on how many biscuits are in your tube.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from the pan to drain on paper towels; crumble.
- Add the onion and shredded chicken to a pan with olive oil. Saute over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of barbeque sauce, and remove from the heat.
- Mix in the cooked bacon.
- Flatten out biscuit dough out onto a greased cookie sheet. Press out to an even thickness.
- Spread a small amount of barbecue sauce on each biscuit (about 1 tsp.) Divide the chicken mixture between the biscuits, spreading on only half of each piece to within 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Sprinkle the cheese and cilantro over the top.
- Fold each biscuit in half and press the edges together with a fork to seal.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until browned to your liking.
- Cool for a few minutes before serving. These can be served with additional barbecue sauce if you like.