Member #610488's Note:
A lunch combo sure to please. Recipe was found in an old Sunset magazine and modified for chicken instead of beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup grape jelly or 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3 cups frozen waffle cut French-fried potatoes or 3 cups frozen thick cut French-fried potatoes
- 4 slices ready-to-serve cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey-roasted walnuts or 2 tablespoons almonds, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 8 ounces uncooked ground chicken or 8 ounces uncooked ground turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend or 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese or 1/2 cup shredded gorgonzola
- snipped fresh chives
- 8 dinner rolls or 8 cocktail-sized hamburger buns, split
- sliced tomato
- sliced lettuce
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F Combine the 1/3 cup barbecue sauce and the jelly or jam. Mix with a wire whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- 2Arrange waffle-cut potatoes or thick-cut french fried potatoes in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with chopped bacon. Bake for 8 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a bowl combine bread crumbs, nuts, the 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, poultry seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Add ground chicken; mix well.
- 4Shape into 8 balls; place 2 inches apart on greased shallow baking pan. Moisten the bottom of a glass and press each ball to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- 5Place pan of burgers in oven. Bake fries and burgers for 5 minutes. Stir fries; turn burgers. Continue baking burgers and potatoes for 5 more minutes.
- 6Sprinkle cheese over fries. Brush barbecue sauce mixture on burgers. Bake burgers and potatoes 2 minutes more or until burgers are no longer pink in center and cheese is melted on fries.
- 7To serve, sprinkle fries with snipped chives. Place mini burgers in cocktail buns with additional barbecue-jelly mixture spooned over. Top with tomato slices and/or lettuce.
- 8NOTE: Burger and Fries can be pan fried.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Chicken Burgers and Cheesy French Fries
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.2
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.0 mg
- Sodium 753.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend