Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Taken from Taste of Home Magazine August/September 2010 issue.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast halves, skin removed (bone-in)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 red onion, sliced into thick rings (large)
- 18 ounces honey barbeque sauce
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke (optional)
- 10 potatoes, baked (medium)
- blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
- green onion, chopped (optional)
- Place chicken in a greased 5 or 6 quart slow cooker; sprinkle with garlic powder and top with onion.
- Combine the barbecue sauce, salad dressing, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and Liquid Smoke if desired; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- When cool enough to handle, remove chicken from bones; discard bones and onion.
- Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat and return to slow cooker; heat through.
- Serve over potatoes with blue cheese and green onions.