Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I'm just trying out different low calorie/low carb recipes, and chicken breasts with colorful veggies, a few seasonings and some barbecue sauce sounded really healthy and tasty.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 red pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 small white onion, sliced into rings
- 2 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- sea salt
- Line a baking pan or casserole pan with heavy duty foil.
- Season the chicken breasts with sea salt and pepper.
- Add the sliced veggies and season them with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the barbecue sauce over the top.
- Bake at 400 for 35-40 minutes.
Very good and EASY recipe. I actually didn't have red pepper or squash - so I substituted with green beans and it still worked. Only suggestion is to cover the casserole pan so the veggies don't dry out.