Recipe by JeffieNerd
I'm just trying out different low calorie/low carb recipes, and chicken breasts with colorful veggies, a few seasonings and some barbecue sauce sounded really healthy and tasty.
Top Review by AllergyGirl
Very good and EASY recipe. I actually didn't have red pepper or squash - so I substituted with green beans and it still worked. Only suggestion is to cover the casserole pan so the veggies don't dry out.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 red pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 small white onion, sliced into rings
- 2 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- sea salt