Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the most juicy and tasty baked BBQ chicken you will ever try! It's very easy to make and your family will love it!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 drops hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Simmer onions, celery, and garlic in margarine and then add next eight ingredients; simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix rice and broth in greased 13x9x2-inch pan and lay chicken breasts on top.
- Pour sauce over and cover and bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
I followed steps 2-3 and used a different BBQ sauce (Finger Lickin Good BBQ Sauce, recipe #19023) for step 1 since as the reviews indicated that it was a bit on the sweet side. It turned out great. Family loved it.
I would actually call this 3.5 stars, but chose to go with 4 because I think it has potential. This would be comfort food in the winter time. It is very sweet though. I think it could benefit from less sugar. I only used 4 breasts and there was way too much rice for 4. I think it needs 6. The kids liked it, though.
This was good, a little on the sweet side. The rice was a bit mushy, but it was a bit hit with my husband.