Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mom used to make this. It's incredibly easy and very tasty.
- 1 (12 ounce) jar barbecue sauce ("KC Masterpiece Hickory" is great, so is "Famous Dave's")
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- Pour BBQ Sauce into pan, fill the empty bottle with tap water (or something fancier if you're"that way") and pour about half of it into the pan as well.
- Stir until blended over low-medium heat.
- Add thawed chicken.
- Cook chicken and sauce while stirring over medium heat until chicken is done, then turn down to low.
- Keep an eye on it and add more water from the bottle if needed.
- For rice, just add rice and water to a pan with a tight-fitting lid, bring to a boil, stir for a minute, and cook at medium heat for 30 minutes while COVERED.
- when everything's done, pile it on a plate and eat it up.
- Sometimes I add a dash or two of"Kick-Yo-Ass" hot-sauce for a little spice.
The chicken was moist and flavorful. I served it with buttery smashed potatoes, and a roasted corn and tomato salad. Delicious, thank you!
This is sooo good! Everyone in my family of 6 like it, which definitely says something! It's very rare to find something that everyone likes, plus its so easy! I only add about half the bottle of water, this helps keep the sauce a bit thicker for sauce with the rice. Thanks for sharing!
Great recipe! I like it mainly because I don't have time to make my own sauce and buying it from the store is faster. I substituted mashed potatoes instead of rice, but it was delicious!