Recipe by Jangomango
This has to be the most requested recipe in my way-too-vast collection. It comes from Chiffonade Chef on the FC site, and she submitted it to Gourmet magazine some years ago. It was accepted and printed almost immediately. It's so easy, and so tasty, you will see why.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Oh my goodness, this salad was excellent. I served it at our 4th of July party. I doubled it and it still didn't last very long. I used KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce. Had a sweet-tangy overall flavor. A great recipe that I will use often. Thanks LLBunny.
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce (preferably Kansas City style-Sweet)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo (note, that is one chile, not one can of chiles)
- 2 lbs leftover bbq chicken or 2 lbs plain grilled chicken
- 1 small red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk together BBQ sauce and mayo.
- Finely chop chipotle and whisk into dressing.
- Discard bones from chicken and cut meat into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Finely chop enough onion to measure 1/3 cup.
- Finely chop bell pepper and cilantro and add to dressing with chicken and onion.
- Combine well.
- Season salad with salt& pepper.
- Serve in lettuce cups with a nice crusty baguette.