Recipe by **Sierra**
A quick and easy barbecue chicken sandwich.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This IS quick and easy and so good too! Made with b/s thighs since you dice up the chicken after it cooks and used Sweet Baby Ray's sauce. Made exactly as written and would not change a thing! Will be making these again! Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 4 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 large onion rolls, split
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper-lined plate and pour all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat out of pan.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in bacon fat until browned on one side, about 4 minutes. Flip chicken and add BBQ sauce and water.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and cut into bite-sized pieces. Arrange onion rolls cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Divide chicken among bottom halves of rolls. Top with sauce, cheese, and bacon.
- Bake open-faced sandwiches until cheese melts and rolls are golden brown, about 4 minutes. Top each sandwich with toasted roll top.