1/1 Photo of BBQ Chicken and Cheddar Sandwiches
A quick and easy barbecue chicken sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Fry bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper-lined plate and pour all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat out of pan.
- 3Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in bacon fat until browned on one side, about 4 minutes. Flip chicken and add BBQ sauce and water.
- 4Cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened, about 8 minutes.
- 5Remove chicken from pan and cut into bite-sized pieces. Arrange onion rolls cut side up on a baking sheet.
- 6Divide chicken among bottom halves of rolls. Top with sauce, cheese, and bacon.
- 7Bake open-faced sandwiches until cheese melts and rolls are golden brown, about 4 minutes. Top each sandwich with toasted roll top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Chicken and Cheddar Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 699.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: