Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my BBQ chicken recipe, I also use this when I grill.
- 1 whole cut up chicken
- 1 (21 5/8 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I use Hunt's Hickory)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- Clean all the skin off your chicken, and Boil.
- Reserve 1-1 1/2 cups of broth from chicken.
- Allow chicken to cool slightly, then remove chicken from bones.
- Put chicken, BBQ sauce, butter, & S/P in pot and heat over medium heat.
- When it starts a small boil add 1/2 cup broth, now this is more or less to taste, but you need at least a 1/2 cup.
- Let chicken simmer for about 20 minutes then serve.
- If you want to use this sauce to grill with, cut your butter to 1/4 cup to 1/2 bottle of sauce. and 1/4 cup broth. melt your butter, add it to your sauce, then add broth, as always add to your taste, but put at least a 1/4 cup. Just brush over your chicken on the grill -- ENJOY!
This was really good. I used an 18 ounce bottle of Kraft original, 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup chicken broth. I used six boneless skinless chicken breasts and made them on the grill. They were so good. There wasn't a bite left.
Oh my goodness, this was awesome. I put it in the crockpot and simmered it that way until dinnertime. Everybody inhaled it and requested that I make it again. Thank you