Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another Cheap, Easy and Tasty dish. We like this served with a salad. I make this ahead of time the morning we are going to have this so my husband can put it in the oven for dinner (he is not a very good cook HAHA).
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 6 slices American cheese
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuits
- Brown Ground Chuck and drain off fat.
- Mix together all the ingredients (except the cheese and biscuits).
- Pour into 8X8 Baking dish.
- Put slices of cheese on top.
- Put Biscuits on top.
- Bake@ 350* for 15 minutes or until biscuits are brown.
Quick, easy, and very good. I don't like american cheese, so I substituted about 3 cups shreaded cheddar and it came out awesome.
A quick and easy meal. I added a small onion sauted with the grounded beef for added flavor.
This recipe has the potential to be good, but because the biscuits were on top of the mixture, they didn't cook all the way. I would suggest cooking the biscuits on a cookie sheet seperately and then putting them on top for the last three minutes or so. The dish tasted good, however we couldn't eat most of it because the biscuits were doughy!